Title: Temple and Contemplation
Author : Henry Corbin
Language : English
This book consists of five lectures on various aspects of Shiite hermeneutics delivered by Corbin at the Eranos Conferences in Ascona, Switzerland. The titles of the lectures are as follows:
- The Realism and Symbolism of Colors in Shiite Cosmology
- The Science of the Balance and the Correspondences between Worlds in Islamic Gnosis
- Sabian Temple and Ismailism
- The Configuration of the Temple of the Kaabah as the Secret of Spiritual Life
- The Imago Templi in Confrontation with Secular Norms
The spirit of the symbol is revealed in its naked splendor within the content of these essays for anybody who is open to receive it. As can be seen from the topics outlined above, this is not light reading by any means, but if you apply yourself diligently to its contents, you will be rewarded with an understanding far beyond that of the intellectual. The language of the mind pales in comparison to the language of the heart, and this book contains the linguistic keys to the hearts tongue, while pointing to an even higher means of apprehension.
This book is available in MARC Library.